Sunday 14 December 2008

2.3 Post Production Diary

Once all my filming was complete, I uploaded the footage onto a Mac computer with a USB cable using the editing software iMovieHD. As my filming was not shot in order, the footage was all over the place at start, so it took a fair time getting all the clips in the right order before I edit out the parts I don't need.

I didn't find editing too much of a challenge even thought one part in particular where I had to cut out the audio and leave the audio in for the next shot, then cut again for next shot. I repeated this a few times. This didn't take too long to do but was quite tricky. The reason for cutting the audio was because I wanted to use a beep sound in its place as we were in the first person point of view of the main character who has now lost his hearing. I was origanally going to find this sound on the internet somewhere or if they had the sound effect on iMovie I'd use it from there, but I decided to be more creative and use feedback I created from placing my guitar infront of my amplifier.

One part which I was not happy with when coming to edit was noticing that after the second character is introduced, he should have been on the right hand side of the screen, and the main character should have been on the left because the shot before this that is how they were positioned, this will be something I will improve on next time to really make sure to know what position the actors should be.

Once I was happy with the footage I kept, I exported it and put it onto a DVD along with my animatic.

No comments: